Swami Vivekananda Scholarship also is known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship for the meritorious and economically backward students of West Bengal. This article describes detailed information about Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. All the information you need to know such as- Eligibility for apply, Important Dates, Application Process, Required Documents, it’s awards and benefits, selection procedure, renewal, and contact details.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- What it is?
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship for the meritorious and economically backward students of West Bengal. This scholarship only applicable for minority community students of West Bengal distributed considering applicant’s academic merit
and financial need. It is one of the most popular merit-cum-means based scholarships for students of West Bengal which covers your studies from class 11 onwards. This scholarship offers financial assistance of up to Rupees 8000 per month depending on the course or level of study.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- Application Dates
- For minority students starts 10th July 2020 and the last date 15 September 2020
- For fresh applicants starts 11th September 2020 and the last date is 15 November 2020.
Note: The dates as mentioned above, may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship-Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be a resident of West Bengal.
- For Higher Secondary Level of Studies (Class 11 or equivalent), the candidate must have passed Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent examination with 75% of marks.
- For the Undergraduate level, the applicant must have scored 75% in class 12th.
- For postgraduate level, must have scored at least 53% (for general education), 55% (in case of engineering) in graduation.
- For Diploma (Polytechnic Level), the applicant must have passed out Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent with 75% of marks for the first-year diploma course. Applicant must have passed out higher secondary examination or equivalent with 75% of marks for 2- year diploma in- Modern Office Practice and Management, Pharmacy, 3-D Animation & Graphics.
- For kanyashree applicants (K-3 component), Students must be in receipt of a valid
- sanctioned K-2 ID, students must be pursuing a PG course in Arts, Science and
- Commerce, students must have passed graduation with 45% of marks.
- The annual family income of the student should not be more than Rs.2.5 lakh.
|National Scholarship – GET DETAILS|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- How to Apply?
The applications for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship are accepted through the Official Website svmcm.wbhed.gov.in linked here. Depending on the category for which applicants are willing to apply, can be made by clicking on their respective links of the official website homepage. Here is a step-by-step guide for the online application for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship-
- Step 1: Registering for the scholarship- visit the Official Website svmcm.wbhed.gov.in, click on The “Registration” link and follow the instructions.
- Step 2: Login into your account- After Registering successfully, click on “Applicant Login” you can log in to your account through your registered ID and Password.
- Step 3: Filling the Required Details- After login into your account, you can access the application form. Fill in all the required details correctly.
- Step 4: Uploading the supporting documents- Upload all the required supporting documents in a specified format and size.
- Step 5: Final Submission- You need to upload the institute verification form attested by the head of the institution, and then finally submit the online application form.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- Documents Required
When you are applying for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, you need to upload some mandatory documents to support your application form, without which your application may get rejected. These documents include-
- Admit card of madhyamik or equivalent examination
- The front and backside of lat examination passed mark sheet
- Recent passport size photo (size 10-15 KB)
- Aadhaar card/Ration card/Voter ID card
- Income certificate (specified format)
- Domicile certificate
- The first page of your bank passbook
- Institution verification form (specified format) attested by the head of the institution.
Look At A Glance here
|National Scholarship – GET DETAILS|
|MOMA Scholarship – GET DETAILS|
|Nabanna Scholarship – GET DETAILS|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- Selection Process
This scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship, for the selection process it takes both your academic merit and financial need into consideration. The merit list is prepared based on the marks you have obtained in the qualifying examination and income criteria.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- Awards & Benefits
The amount of reward under the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship may vary from INR 1,000 per month to INR 5,000 per month, depends upon the course or level of study you are currently pursuing. Find out detailed information below-
1) Directorate of School Education (DSE)
- Higher Secondary – INR 1,000 per month
2) Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)
- High Madrasah – INR 1,000 per month
3) Directorate of Public Instruction(DPI)
- Undergraduate in Arts – INR 1,000 per month
- Undergraduate in Commerce – INR 1,000 per month
- Undergraduate in Science – INR 1,500 per month
- Undergraduate in other professional courses (UGC approved) – INR 1,500 per month
- Postgraduate in Arts – INR 2,000 per month
- Postgraduate in Commerce – INR 2,000 per month
- Postgraduate in Science – INR 2,500 per month
- Postgraduate in other professional courses (UGC approved) – INR 2,500 per month
4) Technical education at college or university
- Undergraduate in Engineering, Postgraduate in Engineering – INR 5,000 per month
5) Directorate of Technical Education and Training(DTE & T)
- Undergraduate (Polytechnic) – INR 1,500 per month
6) Directorate of Medical Education
- Undergraduate in a medical stream- INR 5,000 per month
- Diploma course – INR 1,500 per month
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- Renewal
Every year, the winner of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship needs to apply for its renewal. The renewal is subject to your recent academic performance.
- You should pass/clear all semester examinations in the first attempt.
- You should obtain a minimum of 60% marks at the promotional level during your the transition from higher secondary to UG and diploma.
- To get a renewal at the Postgraduate level, you should obtain a minimum of 50% marks at the promotional level.
Renewal Process for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- Step 1: Visit the Online Portal
- Step 2: Click on the “Renewal Application Button”
- Step 3: Log In using your ID and Password
- Step 4: Fill in all required details
- Step 5: Upload all supporting documents (Mark sheet of last semester)
- Step 6: Submit the renewal application.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship- Contact Details
If you have any query or doubts to Swami Vivekananda Scholarship details, application procedure or any other information, contact to the address given below-
● SUPPORT FOR SVMCM
Official Website:- CHECK HERE
● DIRECTORATE OF SCHOOL EDUCATION (DSE)
Bikash Bhavan (7th floor), Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
● DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION & TRAINING (DTE&T)
Karigori Bhavan, 3rd Floor, Plot: B-7, Action Area: III, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata-700160
● DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION (DPI)
Bikash Bhavan (9th floor), Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091
● DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION (DTE)
Bikash Bhavan (10th floor), Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
● DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION (DME)
Swasthya Bhawan, GN-29, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
More Scholarship You can Choose for your Higher Education
- Maulana Azad Scholarship – Dates, Eligibility & Other Details – GET DETAILS
- SC ST Scholarship – All Details You May Apply – GET DETAILS
- National Scholarship 2020 – All Schemes Details – GET DETAILS
- Minority Scholarship – All Scholarship You May Apply – GET DETAILS
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – Eligibility, Dates & Application – GET DETAILS
- Pre Matric Scholarship – Eligibility, Dates & Condition Details – GET DETAILS
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority Communities – GET DETAILS
- MOMA Scholarship – Dates, Eligibility, Application, & Login Details – GET DETAILS
- OBC Scholarship – Scholarship for OBC Students – GET DETAILS
- Vidyasaarathi Scholarship – Dates, Eligibility, and Application Process – GET DETAILS