4 Distribution of the Pre Matric Scholarship:-
Coverage area of the Pre Matric Scholarship scheme:The Scholarship will be awarded to the students of India who are studying in class 1-10 in government schools or private schools. The scheme also covers such residential government institutes and eligible private institutes that are notified by the concerned state Government and Union territory administration in a transparent manner.
Eligibility criteria for the Pre Matric Scholarship scheme:There are a few criteria on the basis of which a candidate will be selected for the reward.
- The Scholarship money will be awarded to a student if he/ she has obtained at least 50% marks in his/ her previous final examination.
- The total family income if the student must not be above INR 1 lakh.
Other Scholarships You May Apply
Distribution of the Pre Matric Scholarship:-Section 2 (c ) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 has notified the following communities as minority in India:
Section for the scheme:-Since the number of Scholarships are limited and fixed, it is necessary to follow a well defined selection procedure for the same.
Fresh applicants:-An inter-selection weightage is given to economic conditions rather than marks. So, the candidate must submit a verified income certificate.
Renewal applicants:-A renewal applicant will be eligible only if he/she has secured at least 50% in his/ her previous year’s final examination.
Conditions of Pre Matric Scholarship:
- Candidates must belong to the Minority communities.
- Candidate must be studying in classes 1- 10.
- The candidate have to submit an income certificate of his parents, issued by a competent authority in the state or Union territory administration.
- Candidate have to submit a self certified community certificate is his age is above 18.
- If the candidate is below 18 years then he/ she needs to submit a community certificate certified by his/ her parent or guardian.
- Renewal application will be granted continuation of award only if he/ she has obtained at 50% mars in his/ her previous year examination.
- Both hostellers and day scholars will get maintenance allowance.
- Not more than two students from the same family will get the Scholarship.
- Student should have the stipulated percentage of attendance as decided by his/ her concerned institute.
- On the violation of any discipline of the school, the scholarship will be suspended or cancelled.
- The concerned state government or Union territory government can also suspend if cancel the award if it is found that there is any deliberate falsification in the documents submitted by the student. And the amount of scholarship that has already been enjoyed by the student will have to returned or refunded.
- Any violation of the conditions is subjected to punishment.
- The course/ tuition fees as well as the maintenance allowance will be directly credited to the student’s bank account under DBT.
- The student who is already being benefited by this scheme is not allowed to obtain any other Scholarship for the same purpose.
- A student can enjoy only one Scholarship out of the various Scholarships available for minority communities.
- The administrative expenses (@ 1%) for state/ union territory in any subsequent year will be released only after receiving the previous year’s utilisation certificate.
|OASIC Official Link|
|All Other Scholarship Recommended Only for You|